VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.

Hi, I have a LaCie d2 Quadra (500 gb) that is faing to

Customer Question

I have a LaCie d2 Quadra (500 gb) that is faing to boot up. It makes a clicking noise when switched on, with the occaisional short 'grr' sound. It had been working fine until a couple of days ago when it started taking a long time to boot up, but has now failed completely to start. It's connected to an Apple G5 by f800 firewire. I have also tried connecting with a f400 firewire but that makes no difference (i.e it still won't boot up)
Category: Mac
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry that you have had this issue. There are two products that this company has that will help you recover the drive and the Data:

Drive Genius 3 and Data Rescue 3. These products together will resolve you issue. I am sorry to say but you are the 2nd or 3rd person this week to have this issue with that product.