loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.

How do I set up a Demo Account for apple to use to access

How do I set up a "Demo Account" for apple to use to access my App. The App is in two parts
1. The App
2. A matching Filemaker Pro file (Bound Solution) which the App can sync with over a corporate WiFi network or from a hosted file over the internet.
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to - I'm John.

It sounds like you want to create another account on your Mac. Here are the instructions for doing this:

Create new test user account

1) Open System Preferences (Finder -> Applications -> System Preferences

2) Click Accounts

3) If the LOCK icon at bottom left is shown as being Locked, click the icon to unlock it. When prompted, enter your password XXXXX allow changes to be made in this screen. If the LOCK icon is already unlocked, proceed to step 4

4) Click the "+" symbol at the bottom left to create a new user account. You can name the account anything you wish as this is just a test. Ensure the top dropdown is set to Administrator instead of Standard

5) Set the password XXXXX whatever you like and enter it in Verify password XXXXX as well

6) Select ìAllow user to administer this computer.î

7) Lastly, select Create Account to finish the account creation process

You'll need to log out of your existing user account and log back in as the newly created user account when finished. To do this, click the Apple icon at top left, then choose Log Out from the dropdown menu.

If this isn't what you're after, please let me know what, specifically, you need help with and I'll do my very best to ensure the resolution meets your needs.

If the information I've provided meets with your approval and resolves your issue, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer. Instead, let me know what happened and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Looks good!