ahimsa2010
ahimsa2010,
40475086

Two questions The iDisk on my Mac has not fully copied to

Customer Question

Two questions
The iDisk on my Mac has not fully copied to the MobileMe iDisk even though it is showing as synced?

Secondly, I wish to use my iDisk to hold all my data so that I can access it from my MacBook air etc whilst traveling thus maintaining one central but accessible data warehouse - I noticed that when I move files from one folder to another sometimes the original folder keeps a copy whilst placing the original in the destination folder, thus I have two copies when I only require 1

Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  ahimsa2010 replied 4 years ago.
Greetings,

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. Here I will try to assist you & solve your problem.

Click the Sync icon ( Sidebar Sync icon ) to the right of your iDisk icon in the Finder sidebar to initiate a manual sync.

Sync icon

If that does not resolve the issue, you should troubleshoot iDisk syncing. Make sure you back up any files that only exist on your iDisk. If a file only exists on your local iDisk copy, be sure to drag a copy of it to your desktop or another location off iDisk prior to any troubleshooting. If a file you are expecting to see no longer appears on your iDisk, see iDisk Sync: Data unexpectedly appears to be missing from your iDisk.

Follow these steps to troubleshoot your iDisk, verifying each one and stopping if you resolve the issue:

1. Make sure your Internet connection is working as expected.
  2. Make sure you can connect to MobileMe and view your iDisk via your Web Browser at http://www.me.com/idisk.
  3. Download and install the latest available version of Mac OS X.
    Note: If you are already using the latest version of Mac OS X (nothing appears in Software Update), restart your computer, then go to step 4. Using Mac OS X version 10.6.3 or later is recommended if you are syncing your iDisk.
  4. Try syncing your iDisk again.
  5. Make sure you have enough free space available on your Mac OS X volume for iDisk Sync, as it requires space on your hard drive in order to work. The amount of space necessary varies with different versions of Mac OS X. Click here for more details on the how much space iDisk Syncing requires. If you do not have enough free space, disable iDisk Sync (click the Stop button in the iDisk pane of the MobileMe System Preferences), or reduce the size of your iDisk before enabling iDisk Sync.
  6. Make sure you can connect to iDisk in the Finder. You can test basic iDisk functionality by connecting to another user's iDisk Public folder via the Finder Go menu. Select Go > iDisk > Other User's Public folder and then enter another user's valid MobileMe Member Name, such as emily_parker. If you're unable to connect to a valid Public folder in the Finder, you should troubleshoot your connectivity to iDisk, as you must be able to first connect to iDisk reliably in order for iDisk syncing to work.
  7. Set your iDisk to Manual Sync on any computers that are using iDisk Synchronization with your MobileMe account.
    1. Open System Preferences by choosing System Preferences from the Apple (?) menu.
    2. Click the MobileMe System Preference.
    3. Click the iDisk tab.
    4. In the iDisk Sync section, set the Update selection to Manually.

5. Close the MobileMe System Preference.
      Note: When you use manual syncing, you will need to manually trigger iDisk Sync activity by clicking the Sync icon to the right of your iDisk in the Finder sidebar. Manually syncing is especially important if you sync multiple computers and you are using a moderate to large amount of data stored on your iDisk. iDisk Sync can only occur with one computer at a time, so you will want to optimize your experience from each computer you use, so as not to possibly generate schedule conflicts or prevent the computer you are currently using from syncing. If you use multiple computers but use one of them more than the others, you may wish to configure your most used computer for Automatic syncing and set the others up for manual syncing. Doing this would help you avoid having unused computers block syncing of your actively used computer.
  8. Restart your computer, especially after making any major changes to your Sync settings or if you are having trouble connecting to iDisk. Restarting your computer is a great way to completely relaunch all of the networking frameworks and services on Mac OS X.
  9. Confirm your keychain is working as expected.
  10. If you are still unable to sync your iDisk, contact MobileMe support.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Computer performing a backup so will attempt to implement your comments once it has completed and revert.
Thank you
Michael
Your welcome sir. please let me know if you have more question.

If this helps please ACCEPT the answer. you can ask me again if you need more help.

Thanks.

Edited by ahimsa2010 on 7/1/2010 at 9:38 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sadly I have followed all the steps and still not worked. There are a number of folders on my mac idisk which have not synced across to the offline idisk at mobileme. Any other suggestions?