Jono
Jono, Apple Product Professional
Experience:  9 years of Apple Retail work and certification as an Apple Product Professional.
30663393

How do I activate the GPS voice turn by turn on my 3GS

How do I activate the GPS voice turn by turn on my 3GS?
Hello!

The iPhone 3GS has an excellent GPS capability and also a great compass system. While it is fully capable of doing turn-by-turn GPS it does not come preloaded with the software, since different people living in different places will use different software for different purposes. Therefore, you will need to go onto the iTunes Applications Store and purchase GPS software for your area. This will allow you to use the full turn-by-turn feature. Once you purchase and download the application, plug in and sync your iphone. Then the program will be on your phone and ready to use.

There are great programs available from Tomtom and Garmin. Some are for the USA, others for Canada, Europe and nautical uses.

Thanks so much and have a great day!