VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.
16924516

Received an e-mail (spam) from TopViagraShop and I replied

Customer Question

Received an e-mail (spam) from TopViagraShop and I replied to them to take off their list... once I did that it came back to me... now when I type my address into the e-mail it comes up TopViagraShop Kinney. Can you tell me how to fix this?!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 4 years ago.
What is the Email Program that you use?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mac Mail I think? The little "stamp" icon with an eagle on it...
A solution for you:

To delete all mail from a certain sender automatically in Mac OS X Mail, please see below to set up a new message rule:

• Select Mail | Preferences... from the menu in Mac OS X Mail.
  • Go to the Rules tab.
  • Click Add Rule.
  • Make the criterion read From Contains.
  • Insert the email address of the person you want to block.
  • From the actions, select Delete message.
  • Assign a Description to the new rule.
  • Close the dialog with OK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, but the problem is that when I type an e-mail to myself, at my address, it auto replaces it with TopViagraShop Kinney instead of my true e-mail address. Is there anyway to fix this? I am currently running an Avast antivirus right now....
OK. Try this:

Change the Reply-To Header of an Email in Mac OS X Mail

To change the Reply-To address of an email you are composing in Mac OS X Mail:

• Select View | Reply-To Address Field from the menu (unless the Reply To: field is already visible).
  • Type the email address to which you want replies to go by default in the Reply To: field.
  • Continue editing your message.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess you are not understanding what I am saying. It is as if the "TopViagraShop Kinney" is auto filling everytime I type my e-mail address (if I'm sending to myself). Luckily when I send an e-mail it does not show up (on their end) like that to my recepient but it autofills as that when I type in my address, or if I receive an e-mail from someone it looks like it is sent to TopViagraShop Kinney instead ofXXX@XXXXXX.XXX? Does this make sense?
Sorry, you now have Spyware on your system. Please forgive me, answering lot's of questions.

Here is a link to a program that will remove it:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Download-VirusBarrier-X6-for-Mac-OS-X-Version-10-6-4-133782.shtml
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok I will try that and get back with you
OK, I await the information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Downloaded it, and now I have to upgrade my system to accomodate. I have ordered, but it will take a few days. I'd like to make sure it all works before I accept and pay, but if you need me to I will...
OK. I trust that you are an Honest person. I await you forthcoming information. Please try one more thing before getting the software. Please see below:

Please try cleaning out your previous recipients and your address book card...both these pieces of data are what is searched when pulling up addresses, especially the main users.

Let me know if this works.

Edited by VanMagnus Systems on 6/9/2010 at 2:01 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok! I cleaned out the previous recipents. Was unable to clean address book? But it seems to have taken care of the problem! I had already purchased the Virus Barrier X6. Do you recommend loading this anyway? I will do so once I upgrade to leapord. After this reply I will accept.
I do recommend it. This software will keep that sort of problem from coming up again.

Thank you Sir or Ma'am for the pleasure of assisting you,

VanMagnus Systems
Experience: A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you and have a nice day! Is there a way to request you in the future for problems via this site?
Yes, Sir or Ma'am you can just address your questions to VanMagnus Systems. I see that many Techs and Engineers do this and the requesters do have there questions answered by the folks that they request.