Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

Hi! I have an iPhone 3G S which is less than a year old. Yesterday

Customer Question

Hi! I have an iPhone 3G S which is less than a year old. Yesterday it tilted and gave me the usb+iTunes message. I connected to ITunes and tried several times to reset it. Tunes keeps giving error 1002 and more often error 1013 just as it is two pixels away from finishing resetting. HOX! The phone is not jailbroken. I am working of an XP clanker. Many thanks in advance, MC
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 7 years ago.
Sounds like the phone is messed up. You would need to contact apple to get your phone fixed. If you live close to an apple store it would be best to setup and genius bar appointment and have them look at it.
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience: 5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 7 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please hard reset the iPhone. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for 10 or more seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Please watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNlOd4QYVzo

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated