Danh
Danh, Systems Administrator
Experience:  9 Years in System Administration
31918883

How To Transfer Photos From iPhone To Laptop?

How do I transfer photos from my iPhone to my HP laptop?

Category: Mac
Expert:  Danh replied 6 years ago.

Once you connect the iPhone to the laptop, go under my computer ... you'll see Apple iPhone digital camera. Double click on it and it will show all your pictures At that point it's just another folder with pictures and you can move it where ever you want.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have tried going into my computer but it does not show anything for the iPhone, just local disc (c), recovery (d), dvd rw drive (e). there is not an iPhone digital camera.

Expert:  Danh replied 6 years ago.

Unplug the iPhone from the USB cable and then plug it back in. Does windows detect it?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No it does not.

Expert:  Danh replied 6 years ago.

Go to start. In the search bar, type autoplay. Does autoplay show up? If so, click on that. Let me know if you get this far.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Autoplay did show up and I clicked on it.

Expert:  Danh replied 6 years ago.

Do you see the iPhone as a device there?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No I don't

Expert:  Danh replied 6 years ago.

Have you been able to use the iPhone with the computer before? Can you try plugging it into a different USB port? It should at the very least detect that the iPhone was plugged in. If not, then it could be a bad cable maybe.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

When I plug it in, it opens up iTunes and syncs with it but that is it. I can't find it in my computer nor see what is syncing. Just that it is. I will try another USB port

Expert:  Danh replied 6 years ago.

So it does detect the phone. Make sure you close out of iTunes before running the autoplay. Try it again and let me know if you see the iPhone after closing out of iTunes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Under auto play everything says choose a default or asks me every time and on the bottom it says devices and there is nothing listed

Expert:  Danh replied 6 years ago.
I did some research on your problem and it turns out that there may be a problem with some pictures in your camera roll. Do you know if all the pictures in camera roll were taken by that phone or are there some saved from an MMS message someone sent?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Some are saved from emails. I can delete those and only have the ones my camera took if that helps.

Expert:  Danh replied 6 years ago.

Delete all the ones that you didn't take with the iPhone and then let's try to disconnect it from the computer and re plug it in and see if it detects the phone.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You are the man, IT WORKED!!!! That is crazy that the pics I had saved from other people's texts wasnt letting it work