Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Good morning, I have a 17 Mac Pro - three years old. Just

Customer Question

Good morning,

I have a 17" Mac Pro - three years old. Just this past week my touch key does not work. That is, I move the mouse to where I want it and then press the touch key and it won't respond any more. I tried using my cordless mouse and it too, does not respond.

What steps do I take to get this remedied.

Thanks,
Dan Hostetler
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Have you checked the settings in System Preferences/Trackpad?

To start:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What I have is a Mac Book Pro - Mac OS X
Version: 10.5.3
Processor: 2.4GHz Intell Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2GB 667 MHz DDRZ SDRAM

I have tried the above and I still am having the trouble. Withot hitting the button rather hard it does not engage the action called for. In typing this message it keeps skipping back to previous words. Other suggestions would be aqppreciated.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
OK run Software Update under the Apple logo.