robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.
35592706

i can no longer log into or watch videos like i used to on

Customer Question

i can no longer log into or watch videos like i used to on one- and only one web site.
youtube is fine. and the ad videos on the site work. just not the content, nor can i log into my account any more. i have upgraded all invoved softwre. firefox and g chrome dont work on this site (xtube) either. i cant figure it out. can u?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I may be able to help you with this issue but I need some information first.

What Web site is causing the problem?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
xtube
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
xtube....this is the only site that is not playing vids anymore. it used to play them til about 3 weeks ago.
all others on all sites (cnbd, you tube,aol etc all work fine. can figure this out, firefox and chrome are no gooed on this site either.....
Expert:  robgranholm replied 6 years ago.
It's most likely your version of flash. Load this website and look to the right. What version of flash do you have? http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi robert, as per your recomendation i wnet to that website and got:

"you have version 10,0,45,2 installed"

i have already installed flash. more than once. however, when i search my computer for flash i get

flashplayer.dmg 3.2 mb
modified nov 12, 2009

i do not see the newer version anywhere.....where is it being installed? if at all?

i also download the flash plug in 2 days ago but it didnt help either. thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

"you have version 10,0,45,2 installed"

flashplayer.dmg 3.2 mb
modified nov 12, 2009

p.s. i just redownladed and installed(?) Flashplaer. this time it DOES show up in applications but still videos will not open. nor can i log into my account on xtube....
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

"you have version 10,0,45,2 installed"

flashplayer.dmg 3.2 mb
modified nov 12, 2009

pps. apaaarently i have macvid flash play. when i try to delte and move to trash i get : sorry operation could not be completed becasue and unexpected error occurred. error code - 61).....

You have the most current version of flash, but I think you've installed so many different plugins that one of them is conflicting with the real flash player. If you can tell me exactly what else you installed besides Flash, we can try to work backwords and uninstall all the other drivers, btu without that info, I can't help. As for why you can't "log into" your account...you'll need to contact xtube....what exact error does it give you? You most likely need to talk to them about that separate problem. Here's a solution that may not be great but it should work. Go into System Preferences and create a brand new user account. Log out and switch to that user account. All the flash settings should be separate from your other account, and it should work fine. At least that will work in the meantime.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
these are in my "download" folder....plug ins coming next

Chocolate_Bar_Flyer.June_12.pdf
speeditup.exe
20air.htm
YoutubeToMp3_Setup (1).exe
YoutubeToMp3_Setup.exe
video_search.php
Flip4Mac WMV.mpkg
watch.php
john_hat_2.png
GoogleChrome.dmg
ear-training-101-version-4-d
Feb_Reserve_Lines.html
WyzoSetup-KAT.exe
Flashless-2.0.3.1.dmg
ZillaTubeSetup.exe
Attachment
Firefox 3.6.3.dmg
09-378291_6_0.jpg
Flip4Mac WMV -2.mpkg
Setup-1.exe.download
Setup.exe.download
BashFlash
Safari4.0.5SnowLeopard.dmg
Safari4.0.5Leopard.dmg
trio16-title-1.wmv
duo94-title.wmv
install_flash_player_osx_ub.dmg
install_flash_player_osx_ub-1.dmg
vectorvestus.exe
vectorvestus-1.exe
DVDtoiPodConverter.exe
09-16564.wma
AVSVideoConverter.exe
googleearth-mac-plugin-intel.dmg
flashplayer.dmg
DivXWebPlayer.dmg
install_flash_player_osx_ub(3).dmg
install_flash_player_osx_ub(2).dmg
Firefox 3-1.5.4.dmg.download
Firefox 3.5.4.dmg
ALOT_Toolbar_maps_Installer.exe
Skype_2.8.0.722.dmg
QuickTime764_Leopard.dmg
mac-dvd-ripper-universal
vlc-1.0.1-intel.dmg
JavaForMac OSX10.5Update4.dmg
GoogleEarthMac.dmg
isky-ipod-suite-intel.dmg
InstallMindHabitsFaceMaker.exe
HandBrake-0.9.3-MacOSX.5_GUI_x86.dmg
jre-1_5_0_10-windows-i586-p-iftw-7.exe
xvidcore-1.0.1
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
here are the plug ins....btw: i dont think adobe flash is installing even thought the message at the end of intsall says :successful" the only thing i can find on my competer is the install package for adobe...

Flash Player.plugin
JavaPluginCocoa.bundle
JavaPlugin2_NPAPI.plugin
QuickTime Plugin.plugin
NP-PPC-Dir-Shockwave
Flashless.webplugin
nsIQTScriptablePlugin.xpt
Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.webplugin
Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.plugin
flashplayer.xpt
Silverlight.plugin
Google Earth Web Plug-in
DivXBrowserPlugin.plugin
npdivx.xpt
RealPlayer Plugin.plugin
iPhotoPhotocast.plugin
QuickTime Plugin.webplugin
Quartz Composer.webplugin
VerifiedDownloadPlugin.plugin
Okay, all those plugins...trash them all! Reboot the computer. Then install flash from the adobe website (by the way, searching for it won't have it show up. It doesn't install as "FLASH" it puts internal components into the plug in folder that won't just pop up in a search) ... okay so after you've trashed everything and restarted andre-installed Flash, you'll want to install Flip4Mac from here http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm, and Perian from this website http://perian.org/ ... after that you should be able to play every possible video on the internet!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ahhhhrrrrg...i did everything you said to do and after all that, still no change.... i have emailed xtube twice but no response....do u think i need to upgrade to snow leopard? would it matter? i was getting this site fine for months up to a couple weeks ago....bummer
well if it's still not loading, there is another issue at hand that is unrelated to flash or the video players, you have everything that couple possibily be needed. the website themselves could have locked you out. i hate to say it but that appears to be the answer and reasoning at this point because you have all the video players and codecs possible! sorry i don't have anything better for you, wish they would respond for you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
they did respond today. asked a lot of questions......
this is so weird.....
Is there anything more I can help with then? Wish there was more on my end, but I've led you to all the video drivers needed! the problem has to be somewhere else on their end, did they let you know anything else?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so sorry but your suggestions did not resolve my problem. i still cannot see/open the xtube videos.

thanks anyway
I agree, I think the original problem roots back to xtube though, not your computer as you can play all other videos and we reset all your video codecs. Best of luck!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi, why do u guys keep emailing me? i told u 3x that you were of no help. i still cannot view the xtube videos....please dont bother me with more emails. i'm not gonna pay whent u didn fix my problem
Are the e-mails just my responses? You don't have to pay, just make sure not to accept any of the answers, that's totally your call. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!