Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Why wont Boot Camp stop trying to install Windows even after

Why won't Boot Camp stop trying to install Windows even after I have already installed it? It restarts the computer than opens up Windows Set-up and if I try to eject the disc, it says "Disc Read Error, Insert disc to continue." I can't even restart it to OS X.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Are you sure you installed Windows ? I mean, did you successfully logged into Windows desktop once you installed Windows ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No it did not, but it went through the entire install and at the end said restarting the computer.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
What happens when you insert the Windows disk and continue after the restart ?

Are you sure installed Windows in correct way ?

Which version of Windows are you trying to install ? (Windows XP, Vista or 7)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm installing Windows XP Service Pack 3. I'm pretty sure it was installed properly, when I get back to setup the space available on the drive has decreased. I would like to be able to get either to the OS X or XP desktop.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
May be the installation process goes wrong. I think it'd better to remove XP and then do a fresh install.

1. Restart the computer and immediately hold down the Option key after the chime sound.
  2. The Startup Manager will appears on the screen, select a Mac OS X (Macintosh HD) volume and press return key.
  3. This should boot into Mac OS X desktop.
  4. Open Boot Camp Assistant and select Create or Remove a Windows Partition and click Restore. This should restore the partition. Close Boot Camp Assistant.
  5. Open Boot Camp Assistant again and create a Windows partition.
  6. Then insert the Windows XP installation disks and start installation.
  7. Install Windows and see if it still giving you problems..

Let me know how it goes..