robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.
35592706

Can the new JVC camcorder GY HM 100E work with Final Cut Express,

Can the new JVC camcorder GY HM 100E work with Final Cut Express, I understand it cannot, only with FCP
If not are there any plug ins to allow it to work with FCE and i Movie ?

I tried using 'Chrome' browser and may have asked ( and paid for) this question twice. Using Chrome i was told my email address was already registered, using Firefox was OK.
I only want to pay once!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  robgranholm replied 6 years ago.
Hi Mike, just letting you know that I saw this question here as well and I'm not going to submit an answer, I did at your other question. I'm not sure how to take care of the billing, you'll need to contact JustAnswer for that! Let me know if I can help more...you can respond at the other question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't access your reply which may have gone to the Chrome browser, Can't seen it in Firefox or Chrome so can you resend ( to firefox??).
Sorry
This was my answer. Hi, I'd be glad to help you out with this, my older brother actually has this camera and I've helped him with this issue. You'll need this piece of software to read the MPEG2 codec. http://www.squared5.com/ The Mac and iMovie can certainly do it, you just need to have the codecs to read MPEG2 in place! Also iMovie was a big sluggish to recognize the camera and pop up all the available video to import, so just be a bit patient with it!