appleyz
appleyz,
30768278

after installing TB 3 I get a This folder is being processed.

after installing TB 3 I get a "This folder is being processed. Please wait until processing is complete to get messages" message.

running Apple Snowleopard

hello,

how long have you waited for the message?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
minutes
what happened after that? TB stalled or worked as expected?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think I have sent e-mail but the "folder being processed" never clears and I get no messages

hello,

after a fresh installation of TB, this may happen. Open TB, leave it open for a long time to see if that message can be cleared by itself. If not, the TB may not be correctly installed. then you may have to uninstall your current TB, and run the setup file again.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I have to go the "uninstall reinstall" route can I save my inbox, sent, etc files? If so how?

to backup thunderbird(emails and profile), locate the profile folder:

• ~/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/<Profile name>/
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Thunderbird/Profiles/<Profile name>/

The character (~) refers to the current user's Home folder, so ~/Library is the /Macintosh HD/Users/<username>/Library folder.

then just copy this profile folder out, after a new installation, copy this folder back to the same location.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks.
Don't know how common this problem is but as I fretted I found that on a MAC deleting TD doesn't touch the profile folder so I deleted reinstalled and the problem was solved.

If you're dealing with an email issue you might advise to print from the web page.
thanks for the comments.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Think I already did this