Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

help! i just bought a flip ultrahd, and connected it for the

Customer Question

help! i just bought a flip ultrahd, and connected it for the first time to iphoto. it automatically downloaded all my movies, but saved them as JPEGs. it also deleted all the originals on my flip.

is there any way to either recover the flip videos, or convert the photos back to videos?

ps: i think the main problem is that iphoto crashed right after uploading the videos
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Quit iPhoto hold down the Option and Command keys and start iPhoto. Run all the repairs listed except the second from last you can try that as a last resort
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you for the reply. i tried it, but it did not work. my wife however ran a search on the computer, and found that it somehow saved the files as .mp4 files. so they are at least on the computer, even though they don't show up in itunes.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Have you tried the FlipShare software?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, that did not work. we solved it on our own, thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.