Jono, Apple Product Professional
Experience:  9 years of Apple Retail work and certification as an Apple Product Professional.

I have an ipod touch that will not charge or sync to my computer.

I have an ipod touch that will not charge or sync to my computer. I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista basic but that did not help either. When I plug in the itouch to the my computer it tells that it does not recognize it. I have tried a new cable, I have also plugged into an ac adapter which does not charge the ipod either. Is the problem in the device. Is there a one year warranty on the device and where can I get it repaired.
Thanks, Mark

If you have tried multiple cables and also an external charger then it is most likely a problem with the iPod itself. They do come with a limited warranty but I believe that as long as you are within the first year it is usually covered. I believe you are in the United States, so you can take it to any Apple owned Apple Store, or you can call 1-800-MY-APPLE to access warranty service. The serial number is XXXXX the back of the iPod if they ask for it. You may or may not need a copy of your receipt. Thanks!