Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I have a jailbroken iphone 3gs that I would like to upgrade

I have a jailbroken iphone 3gs that I would like to upgrade to 3.1.3. Can this be done w/o i tunes?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 6 years ago.
hello there! I would love to help. iTunes is needed to upgrade the iphone no matter what. However now that the spirit jailbreak is out u can use that after you have updated to 3.1.3 from your iphone.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you help me with the procedure/steps to do this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Still waiting for a response to previous request.
Sorry about the wait the system didn't send me a message notifying that you have replied. its very easy to jailbreak your phone. First download spirit from here http://spiritjb.com/ .then opened the file and connect your phone. Once connected click the jailbreak button thats in the spirit program window. Once that is done your phone will be jailbroken. If this works let me know by accepting my answer thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry, I must not have explained myself well. I've already jaibroken my iphone 3gs [3.0.1.] I would like to upgrade to 3.1.3 in order to use a camera app. Is this possible - without losing my jailbreak format?
Allan
Allan it is not possible you will have to lose your jailbreak then update it and jailbreak it again. All jailbreaks work this way.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I understand. Just to be clear - I'm a little dense, as you can see! - If I upgrade via itunes, I can then use spirit to jailbreak it again? Will I then be able to restore the apps etc, that I backed up previous to the upgrade?
No worries! Yes you will be able to use your app since you back them up. Also its exactly how you put upgrade then use spirit. Just make sure that your phone actvates after the restore then run spirit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help. Will give it a try!
Allan