VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.

My oldMac computer crashed i had quicken bank service thru

Customer Question

My oldMac computer crashed i had quicken bank service thru National City-I bought a new mac-how can I get thei nfo to my new computerI need a quicken icon to access my old program
Category: Mac
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 6 years ago.
So sorry that your MAC crashed. I have some information that will assist you in fixing this issue and recovering your files. Please see the links below. This is a involved process, that is why I am posting some of the links below:

Since you are using a MAC, the Linux based utilities may be better for you:

Knoppix. This is a full Linux distribution and can be placed on a Flash drive or DVD to recover MAC information from your systems Partition.

GPartedLive. Another Live Linux utility that can be placed an a USB or DVD. the instructions for this come with each of these programs. It can recover your Data and that is what you want.

Now let me know which one you want to use and we can go forward from there.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to use the GPartedLive program. Please advise how we proceed from this point
OK. Now Gpart will work on recovering the Partition. Use the Knoppix program to recover your data. Download and read the instructions for it. Then use a ":Blank" USB or DVD to install it. See the link below:

OR the DVD Method:

Now you can use Gpart after you've recovered your Data with Knoppix.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am having someone to help me with the information you gave me. I am 94 years old an not familiar with the different programs you presented to me I am getting help monday evening the 7th of June. I accept the answers you gave me but my helper may have other questions
OK, Sir or Ma'am.