David Kirk
David Kirk, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  4+ yrs personal use experience, 2+ yrs Mac technical support experience, 13+ yrs desktop experience.
32665769

Hi, I sent a request a few days ago, but your site went down

I sent a request a few days ago, but your site went down just after I sent it. One of your techs, don't know his name, called my husband and he told the tech we had fixed the problem, but it's still not fixed.

Would you have a record of it? If not, I'll send you another request.

Judy W Caffall
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  David Kirk replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.

Are you sure it was on JustAnswer.com? Experts on this site are not allowed to directly contact customers through email or phone, but use the website to solve problems.

What was the issue you were having and did you want a Just Answer Expert to work on it?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did send it to you, but Don just said it was an Apple expert who called. Weird. Huh?

The problem is with Don's iMac. He's getting the message "Safari wants to use login Keychain", but we have tried every password XXXXX could think of. I'm the administer and now I can't even login.

In January he had the same problem and I talked to Dan, an Apple tech, he told me to reset password XXXXX administrator. "Insert installation disc 1, Restart Mac, @ tone hold down C key until spinning gear appears,
chose English, In utilities click reset password, Quit and restart".

Which I would be able to do, but we had installed Snow Leopard and I think Dan told me to uninstall Snow Leopard first. Also, is there anyway to get Safari to stop doing this and any thing else I may need to know? Oh, is there any other way to do this?

Thanks,
Judy
Yep, you can use those same steps to reset an admin account with Snow Leopard. You just use the Snow Leopard installation disc instead. If you are unable to login to your iMac at all, this is what you'll have to do in order to reset the password.

Please let me know how this goes and of any followup questions.

Thanks!
David Kirk, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 4+ yrs personal use experience, 2+ yrs Mac technical support experience, 13+ yrs desktop experience.