barunrath
barunrath,

I get crazy sex calls from strangers all the time even though

Customer Question

I get crazy sex calls from strangers all the time even though my privacy settings are set to accept calls and chats from people on my list only. What can I do to stop this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  barunrath replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Do you have a Skype online number, which you are referring to?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I use Skype to Skype to communicate with my business partners in Peru. It is a free way for us to talk daily on business matters. I am constantly interrupted by strangers trying to make contact, many requesting cyber sex. Why are my security settings not working. My Skype is set up under (edited for privacy).
Expert:  barunrath replied 4 years ago.
Okay ..do the interruptions come by way of chats, calls, or both?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Both and they come every few seconds even while I'm on calls.
Expert:  barunrath replied 4 years ago.
Hmm. Assuming you have already set the Privacy settings to allow calls/IMs only from your contacts, this is strange indeed. Now, do you have any subscription at all, with Skype, or only use Skype-to-Skype?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I only use Skype to Skype
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  barunrath replied 4 years ago.
Okay ...now, from the Skype menu pulldown, choose Privacy... Choose Privacy Settings and click on Show Advanced Options.

Select the following options:

Allow Calls from... people in my Contact list only
Automatically receive video and screen sharing from... people in my Contact list only
Allow IMs from... people in my Contact list only

Under Skype WWW options, uncheck:

Allow my online status to be shown on the web
Accept Skype browser cookies

Done that, let me know.

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you me in Skype Preferences? In Preferences I have my setting for ... people in my Contact list only in all of those. I don't know where the Skype WWW options are.
Expert:  barunrath replied 4 years ago.
Please go to Help > About Skype; what's the version listed?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2.8
Expert:  barunrath replied 4 years ago.
Oh ..that's the problem. Please download the latest version of Skype, i.e. 4.2 using the following link:
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/

Run and install the same, then carry out the earlier set of instructions I had specified.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a Mac and it looks like version 2.8 is the latest available for Mac.
Expert:  barunrath replied 4 years ago.
In that case, I'll transfer your question to the Mac experts accordingly.

Regards