Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Hi, I have a mac and the old 9 series allowed me to start

Customer Question

I have a mac and the old 9 series allowed me to start an email address and it would bring up all the addresses starting with the letter I had written.
the new aol doesn't do this and when forwarding a message, I place my cursor where I want it to start and it flips up to t he address line.
I really don't like your new format. I am trying to download the 9.5 or whichever, but can't seem to get it to work.
can you advise me on this?
Helen Cunningham
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello Helen, my name isXXXXX so you know, this is not AOL support. This is an independent website composed of experts from many different fields of expertise.

Daniel :

That said, I will do my best to help you get through this issue.

Daniel :

Can you tell me what version of Mac OS X. you have on your computer? Do you regularly access AOL via a desktop toolbar or do you access through your browser?

Customer:

its a version 10.4.10. I usually sign on with firefox and get google but I goofed and got aol as my opening page and I didn't want to do that. I guess I'm illiteret as far as my computer is concerned.

Customer:

I hate the new aol format. It is not good at all. I prefer the old 9.0. That was so easy.

Customer:

Am trying to get out of aol as my opening page.

Customer:

talk to you later. I see that you're off line. How do we connect????

Customer:

Eventhea

Daniel :

I am back.

Daniel :

The way to change your home page is easy. In the menu bar at the top of the screen click on Firefox and select preferences, then click on where it says Main, it will look like a light switch.

Daniel :

There you see where it says Home Page. And below that are three selections 14 use current page, use bookmark, or restore to default. If you navigate in the browser to your favorite website and then open the preferences and click on use current page that is the one that will always open.

Daniel :

Just like in the image above.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

Your expert is gathering additional information and will be back with you shortly.
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Helen, I have taken this out of chat and moved it to a standard question-and-answer format, we are having issues with the chat part of the website.
This may work much better for what we're trying to do.
Did you find the AOL 9.0 download? And did you get your homepage set to what you wanted?
The reason I ask this again is because the chat was ruined.
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear XXXXX,
No to both questions. You lead me to preferences and then tell me to click on the aol icon and pull it to the trash. I tried but there is no aol icon in my preferences. so that didn't work.
on the aol 9.0 I tried that too and it didn't work.
I am a clutz when it comes to this cyber stuff.
apparently my computer isn't identical to yours and so I can't follow your instructions.
Eventheal (Helen)