Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I purchased my Mac March 22,2010. At the same time I purchased

I purchased my Mac March 22,2010. At the same time I purchased Apple,s recommended printer, an HP C4700. Noted below is the problem I am encountering:

When I start up the system and try to communicate with the printer by sending an item to be printed, I receive a message indicating the printer is not available. When I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time, the printer immediately provides the the items I had previously requested. Once the printer is functioning it responds normally to other items requested. Why doesn't it respond properly at start up?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Is it just C4700 I only see these on HP’s website:

» HP Photosmart C4740 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C4783 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C4795 All-in-One Printer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't recognize your reply as an answer. I don't understand. Our HP Allin one printer i C4780.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Sorry you said originally C4700. No answer is final until you are satisfied. go here and click on Drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=219&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3794615

download

» HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5 and v10.6

this came out after you bought the printer. Install it and that may solve your problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have had Mac OS X v0.6 driver installed when I purchased the Mac.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Yes but the date on this driver is after you bought the Mac is that the one you have?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not sure. I'll check into it and get back with you. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
OK let me know