Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

mac cant find the printer. I have reinstalled the printer

mac can't find the printer. I have reinstalled the printer and changed for a back-up of the same model - HP photosmart C3100. What else can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

When did this problem started ? After any driver update ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

10.4.11 OS

problem started while I was using the MAC

Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Disconnect your Printer from your Mac, reset the PRAM and NVRAM. Then download and install the latest drivers and software and then try to add the printer.

Reset PRAM and NVRAM
  1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command(Apple), Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Download and install the latest driver from here >>

Restart your Mac, goto System Preferences > Print and Fax. Then try to add the printer in there.

Let me know how it goes...