Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

several weeks ago, I tried to make deletion of spam emails

several weeks ago, I tried to make deletion of spam emails easier , but have discovered that all my emails are now directed into the spam box and cannot be opened. Obviously I have made an error somehow, proving my lack of computer expertise. Could you please clean up whatever I have done so that my email system will operate normally. Thanks.
It may be helpful to point out that emails in the spam box can be opened, but only show "message loading" and message never shows.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 6 years ago.
hello there! I would love to help. What program are you using for mail?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am using aol.
Great so it seems that you have enabled your spam filters to filter out all your email. No worries we can fix this. Log into aol. Open your aol mail box.Click on Spam Filters at the bottom of the page or use the Dropdown Menu under Mail Options in the upper right corner to select Block Unwanted Mail.
When the next window opens, make sure that the box next to Allow mail from all senders is checked.
If you're still not receiving our email you might want to Uncheck the box next to Mail Filtered by AOL's Advanced Spam Filter or modify those settings to insure that our mail is not blocked as BULK email. If this works let me know by accepting my answer thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Your answer looks good, but am unable to locate spam filters in the aol mail box nor the dropdown menu options under Mail in the upper right hand corner. I believe you are on the right track but I seem to be missing a key move or two to get this right. Please bear with me.
No worries! The menu i was talking about might be below the inbox on the right had side could say something like edit spam filters.