robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.

I have Mac OS X. I typed an email on Gmail & wanted to print

Customer Question

I have Mac OS X. I typed an email on Gmail & wanted to print a copy of it, HP photosmart C4400 all in one. BUT, printer won't print. I do page set up ok, then "Print" but there's the problem. Won't print.
Category: Mac
Expert:  robgranholm replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX can help. We'll have to reinstall the printer drivers, which should be a trivial process. Here's how. Go to the Apple icon in the top right corner, select system preferences. A window ill open up, select Print & Fax. Locate the printer you are trying to print to on the left. Select it and hit the minus button below the printer list. After it's gone, hit the plus button and select the printer that comes up in the list. Wait a moment and then click the add or OK button, I forget which. This will have re-added the printer to your computer, which should now print without issue. Let me know if you run into any trouble and we'll go from there. Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
After I check the print & fax, I don't get any printer to locate
Is the printer plugged in with the USB cord? Does it not show up when you press the PLUS button?