Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Hi~ We have a 2007( ) intel iMac (6.1) 24 computer running

We have a 2007(?) intel iMac (6.1) 24" computer running Snow Lepoard.

We are getting 'ghost' or 'after images' on the monitor after we put images in the dock, we also get these weird lines showing up on our Photoshop images on the monitor. Those can be gotten rid of by zooming back and forth. Sometimes all the images on the desktop turn into a series of multi colored 'lines'

The problem has been getting worse and worse. We have run Disk Warrior (v. 4.2) again and again. Still this problem persist.

Restarting the computer helps, but then the problem comes right back.

Any ideas?

Harvey Ferdschneider
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name is Dan.

Daniel :

You have a hardware issue. The only way to fix it to take it to Apple and have them replace either the logic board or the graphics chip.

Daniel :

I recommend inserting your OS X. installation disk and restarting holding down 'D' key, this will boot into the hardware test, run the extended test and see if it turned up anything. This will be important information for the Apple genius at the Apple store.