Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a macbookpro running 10.4, about 4 years old maybe three.

Customer Question

I have a macbookpro running 10.4, about 4 years old maybe three. I recently installed the new safari. it really messed up my computer. I have reinstalled my OS leaving prior settings.
my mac will not keep any wireless settings, it keeps losing them and I have to reset all my settings when the machine goes to sleep or turns off.
also my dock settings keep reverting to original layout, will not keep the changes I have made.
one of my email accts will not show messages, it says I must get online to access the messages, even when I am online. thanks for your help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Sounds like the whole user account is messed up. I think the best way to solve the problem is, create a new user account and use it. (You can copy the old account's files to new one easily)

• Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Accounts.
  • If some settings are dimmed, click the lock icon and type an administrator name and password.
  • Click Add (+) and type the user's name (must create administrator account)
  • If you don't want to use the short name generated automatically, type a new short name
  • Type the user's password XXXXX the Password XXXXX Verify boxes.
  • Logout from Apple menu and login to the new account.
  • Setup mail...

Does that worked ? Let me know if it worked or not..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would prefer not to have to start a new user acct. I keep getting message that says keychain login cannot be found to store safari. My mac just opened better this am with my existing account. before I accept I want to make sure most of my issues are addressed. I have opened new acct and my internet opens using wireless correctly... my previous acct works correctly also.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about message that says keychain login cannot be found to store safari? I am trying to fix my original account user instead of starting new one.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Okay..we can fix the old account. Does everything works fine on your existing/old account except the keychain error ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
for now it does. yesterday it had difficulty picking up wireless signal but this am it opened up correctly so for now it is fine. only issue is keychain error.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
We can reset the Keychain and see if that helps or not..

1. Goto Applications/Utilities and open Keychain Access
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click Reset My Keychain, which is under the General pane.
  4. Authenticate with your account login password.
  5. Quit Keychain Access and Restart your computer. (All the password XXXXX keychain will reset)

Best Regards,