Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My maxtor One Touch 4 all of a sudden will not mount on my

My maxtor One Touch 4 all of a sudden will not mount on my Macbook. There is data I must have on this. I've tried to Repair Disk with disk utility but it always stops saying it can't complete it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

There is a chance that your hard drive got corrupted somehow and you might need to format it which will erase all the contents. In this case, the only way i can think of is use Disk Warrior to rebuild the drive or try your external drive on another Mac.

Disk Warrior is more advanced than Disk Utility and it can fix most of all problems like this and it will cost $99.95. But i'm not sure if it will works or not..Anyway you can try it. And its worth it.

Disk Warrior :

If you don't want to recover any files from it, just erase it with Disk Utility.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I can try it. No offense, but $30 for a software recommendation seems steep. I was expecting a little more assistance, though I understand that perhaps there is nothing you can do about my problem. Can I reduce my offer to $14 since you really didn't need to do much work other than the recommendation. I think that is only fair.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
I have no control over money, i'm just a expert in here. For those offers, contact (JustAnswer - Contact Us) and hope they'll reduce the fee.

Best Regards,