Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

In iPhoto, while most of my photos are in albums, there are

In iPhoto, while most of my photos are in albums, there are many photos in the 'last 12 month' list where I don't know if I have put them in an album. Is there some way of selecting a photo and determining which albums, if any, it has been placed in?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

The "Last 12 Months" album is a Smart Album, designed simply to show you certain photos based on preset factors. There's no way to tell what albums a photo has been placed in. Photos can be placed in as many albums as you'd like, but iPhoto has no tool for telling where photos exist.

All your photos exist in your iPhoto library, accessed in the upper left corner. Any in the albums are simply shortcuts or placeholders of the photo file in the library.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.