David Kirk
David Kirk, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  4+ yrs personal use experience, 2+ yrs Mac technical support experience, 13+ yrs desktop experience.
32665769

Downloaded the driver for Canon MP600 printer. My IMAC doesnt

Customer Question

Downloaded the driver for Canon MP600 printer. My IMAC doesn't show it in the available drivers.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David Kirk replied 6 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.

After you downloaded the driver, did you open the dmg file and run the Canon MP600 583.pkg file that is included in it? You will need to run the setup, then add the printer in System Preferences.

Please let me know of any further questions you may have.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
done these. Gone to Preferences-Print&Fax-Shows Canon MP600 as default-double clicked icon (mp600) under Printers-brings up, GENERAL-DRIVER-SUPPLY LEVELS, if I choose DRIVER it shows "print using..." if I choose drop down menu it gives a list of drivers in PPDPicker. My driver or any Canon is not a choice. How do I make it a choice?
I've researched this and can't figure it out. I'll opt out so other experts can work on it.