Jono, Apple Product Professional
Experience:  9 years of Apple Retail work and certification as an Apple Product Professional.

Ive just bought a new HP Pavilion notebook. Ive downloaded

I've just bought a new HP Pavilion notebook. I've downloaded itunes onto it.It regonises me as the user but my iphone does not connect to it properly it says it will only connect to one computer! will i have to completly uninstall itunes from my old laptop,to make it work on my new laptop.
yours faithfuly. Robin higgins
Hi there! For copyright purposes iphones are only meant to sync with one computer. removing itunes from your old computer is a first step for clearing out the old machine, but it doesn't inform the iphone that it needs to sync with a new one. When you connect your iPhone to the new computer you will need to select the "restore" button and this will allow you to sync it with the new machine. It will, however, erase the iphone's data and start it a-new. So, make sure that you BACKUP the data first so that you can put it all back on.

Here is a good link from apple where they show how to transfer purchased itunes music onto a new computer. And here is one for non-itunes-purchased music (music purchased elsewhere) .

Hope that helps!