Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

I am running a MacBook Pro with 4 GB Ram. I have a reasonable

I am running a MacBook Pro with 4 GB Ram.
I have a reasonable new PC running Windows 7.
I want to install VMWare Fusion 3 on the Mac and then import the entire PC to the Mac.
My question is:
1. What kind of cables do I need to connect the two computers;
2. Once I have imported the PC to the Mac will the PC Windows 7 be running on the PC attached to the Mac or will I be complete disassociated from the physical PC (I would like to use the PC's software and harddrive to relieve the storage pressure on my Mac.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 6 years ago.
If your planning on import the computer to VMware, it will make a copy of the hard drive and make it a virtual machine on your mac. All you need to do this is have both computers on the same network. In the application, they have documentation to help with this. Would will find it in the file menu under help.