Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

When I click on the iTunes icon, on my laptop a Proxy Authenticati

When I click on the iTunes icon, on my laptop a "Proxy Authentication Required" box appears, asking for my username and password. Even though I correctly enter that information, I continue to get a message that the name or password XXXXX incorrect. I know that the password XXXXX XXXXX because I am able to download and update apps on my iPhone with it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
So you are using a proxy to access the Internet?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, in the office but not at home. But I've never had this issue before whether at office or home.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry, what screen are you referring to? If it's the iTunes Store screen, I cannot get access to it and if it's the other screen which I can access, I don't see the icon you're referring to.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
The Apple logo at the top left of your monitor
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ah, I belatedly see the problem - I'm not using a Mac.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Oh, that would explain it. LOL Well on Mac you can setup different locations with different network settings. It sound like you are trying to use the same network settings for two locations one that uses a proxy and one that doesn't. I'm a Mac expert but I can check on one of my PCs to show you how to change that unless you know how to do it yourself? let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX change the LAN connection settings, depending on where I am.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Yes I think Windows also has a way to do it that makes it easy but I would have to look. Turn off the proxy at home, basically