jonwaldrip
jonwaldrip,
33899566

I have a Philips flatscreen TV with an HDMI port. I want to

Customer Question

I have a Philips flatscreen TV with an HDMI port. I want to connect my Macintosh MacBook Pro to it so I can stream movies from netflix and watch them. I got a HDMI/DMI adapter cable but my Mac isn't recognizing the Philipps as a monitor. What do I have to do to get my Mac and Philips TV to talk to one another?
Category: Mac
Expert:  EmilyJH replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

Try unplugging your DVI-HDMI cable, setting the resolution on your Mac to 1024x768 and the refresh rate to 60Hz. Plug the cable back in and select the HDMI source on your TV again.

When you click Detect Displays on your Mac do you get anything?

When you click on Gather Windows, do you get a 2nd display preferences window appearing?

Thanks,

Emily
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Gather windows isn't a option I see in system preferences. The OS has "Detect Displays" and the refresh rate is not available (NA/grayed out) at 1024x768. I rest to 1024x768 and reconnected the HDMI/DMI cable. Nothing shows up.
Expert:  jonwaldrip replied 6 years ago.

This is straight from Philips website. IT should apply to Mac as well.

• On the PC : select a valid PC-format the TV can handle ([email protected] ; [email protected] or [email protected]) and the video formats ( 720p 1080i).
  • Turn the PC off.
  • Use a DVI to HDMI connection cable to make a connection between DVI of the PC and the HDMI (1,2) of the TV
  • Turn on the TV , press AV button on and select the correct HDMI external source input -check number (1,2) of physical connector slot at the back of TV
  • Press menu button and select Source in the Setup menu:
    • Press the cursor right to enter the list of types of devices connected to the selected input.
    • Select the accessory device with the cursor up/down.
    • Press the cursor right again to enter the list of types of devices connected to the selected input.
  • Put the PictureFormat in AutoFormat.
  • Turn the PC on.
  • The TV should show the PC-screen.
  • Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    I have an Macintosh PowerBook, not a PC. The Mac doesn't show up in the list of input devices when connected. Your answer does me no good.
    I am opting out of this question as I do not know the answer to your question. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX here should be able to help you.