Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.

Hi - trying to get my home movies on DVD downloaded to my Mac

Hi - trying to get my home movies on DVD downloaded to my Mac so I can use I-movie to edit and load onto my I-touch. I have hand brake and VLC down loaded. When trying to scan the DVD I get the message that Handbrake is 64 bit but VLC is not 64. I went out to the VLC site and read that the 64 bit version is not stable and there was some way to use a 32 bit to trick it into working. I'm way over my head here and would appreciate help on what are my best options to get VLC talking to handbrake so I can get my DVD's to scan. Also, is handbrake the right software or is there something better/simpler? Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 6 years ago.
Seeing as there isn't stable version of VLC 64bit you would want to download handbrake that is 32bit. I have added the link for where to download it.