Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.

How can I dub in my words on a karaoke version of a song Ive

How can I dub in my words on a karaoke version of a song? I've got the music in GB and when I hit the record button it records my voice but the music goes away. Thanks.
Is the song playing through itunes? And did you buy the song off itunes or import it from a cd?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have it in both, itunes and CD. Originally, I dragged the itunes karaoke version to my harddrive then dragged it into Garageband. I was able to split the section of the track that I needed. But now I need to dub in our own words in the split track for a skit we are performing for an elementary school. Thx!
Just to make sure I'm understanding, you have copied the track that you want to sing to, into Garageband. Is that right?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have you tried adding a new track to record your voice on or is it just not playing while you try to record your voice?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, I have not added a new mean, like a real instrument track, ie-your voice? I've just been pressing "record" on top of the track and it eliminates the music from that section. hmmm...
You will need to add another track for your voice. If you just hit record it will write over the music.