Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Is there any way that I can transfer apps from BB 8900 to BB

Is there any way that I can transfer apps from BB 8900 to BB 9700 with imac snow leopard OS and desktop manager/mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi there,

This actually cannot be done with the Mac desktop manager because the two models are different. If you had the same model, it would restore everything but apps cannot usually be transferred from two different devices. This is mostly because some applications are made specifically for certain devices because of the screen size or OS level. You will need to manually reinstall any apps.

The Windows version of the Desktop Manager has a feature that allows you to do a Device Switch which seems to allow this but that feature is not yet available on the Mac manager.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Brandon
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you know when it might be? I like BB but this is annoying. Is there any other way to do it? besides manually and calling up all app providers?
I am not sure when that might be. The Mac desktop manager was severely delayed and I'm not sure how high it is on RIM's priority list to add features.

The only other way to do it would be through Windows (Bootcamp) or a Windows PC. You cannot use Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion as it does not work properly with USB devices.

If the apps are tied to your PIN number of your old device, you will need to contact the providers anyway and have them change your PIN number in their system. Programs like Beejive IM would need to be changed on the provider's end. Check their websites and see if they have a way to change it online (Beejive does) so you don't have to bother with calling them.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Brandon