Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

When place the idvd in the player the movie begins without

When place the idvd in the player the movie begins without showing the idvd theme and menu buttons. It's only after the end of the movie that theme and menu appears. What step am I missing? I would like the viewer to see the idvd theme first and then click on play movie button. Thank you.

Hello, and welcome to!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

This means the movie is set to play before the menu appears. To change this, do the following:

1. Open the iDVD project.
2. From the View menu at the top of the screen, select the Show Map option.
3. You should now see the complete structure of your iDVD project. Select the very first box (which should be a preview of your video), and click delete.

Once you have, you should see a small puff of smoke animation, and left behind a gray window that says Drag content here to automatically play when the disc is inserted.

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem, or if there's anything else I can assist you with.