Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

First let me tell you I know just the basics on my non Mac

Customer Question

First let me tell you I know just the basics on my non Mac computer, but I just starting using my husband's Mac to work on creating a slideshow for a friend's daughter's wedding reception. While I am a beginner I am having incredible results, learning as I go! I am really pleased so far, but have a couple of concerns: is there a "limit" as to how many pics/music will fit onto a DVD? How can I tell how big the whole thing is so far ( is that gigabytesor something like that? See! I told you I am a beginner!) Also, how do I get the slideshow to play continuously at the reception? How do I save the final version and put it onto a DVD? Thanks for your help. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. I have this fear I will have created this great slideshow on my husband's computer but won't be able to exract it to use at the wedding!
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm John. As I and other Experts work on your question, it
would help to know the following information, if you please:

* What version of OS X are you using? To obtain this information, click on the
Apple icon at top left, then choose About This Mac from the menu. The numbers to
the right of Version is what I'm looking for.
* What are you using to create the slideshow? Keynote? Powerpoint? What version? You should be able to play the show and it will play it continuously. F5 if in Powerpoint. You can test this before "going live".
* If you're placing the contents of the slideshow within a folder, you can right-click (or control+click if you have a single-button mouse) on the folder icon, then choose Get Info and it will tell you how much space the folder is taking up on the hard drive. Then, just ensure, before burning to DVD, that the size is less than the blank DVD disc's capacity.

Thank you for trusting us with your question. Answering these questions will help us help you more effectively and will ensure a quality solution for you so please be as thorough and descriptive as possible.

Regards,