Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

iBook G4 refuses to register Lexmark 75 Printer as the default

Customer Question

iBook G4 refuses to register Lexmark 75 Printer as the default printer. Each time I try to register I receive a message that there is a printing error. The reason I am trying to register is that the printer has stopped printing and I receive the same message that there is a printing error.Please can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
Can you tell me what version of MacOS X you have on the iBook?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The version of Mac OSX is 10.4.11 (8S165)
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
In that case, I suggest resetting the printer system. Do this by opening System Preferences/Print & Fax, then clicking on Printer Setup will open Printer Setup Utility.
From that drop-down menu select Reset Printing System.graphic
After you do that then quit Printer Setup Utility, on the left side about two thirds of the way down the window there will be a plus and a minus sign, click on the + to add the printer.
The Printer Setup Utility will once again open with a window with your printer in it. Click once on it to highlight, the name of your printer will appear in the name box, the location will populate and it will find its own print driver, assuming that you have installed it.
After that click on the add button, then you can quit the Printer Setup Utility and System Preferences.
You should now be able to print.
Let me know please.