Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

my mac menu will not allow me to click on any line

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
Can you tell me the model of the match that is not cooperating? I would like to know the year it was new and what operating system is on it as in version number, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6?
Have you just recently done any updates?
Can you think of anything that happened just before you had this problem?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is on a Mac Powerbook Pro running 10.6.3. I bought and ran DiskWarrior to solve the problem, but it fixed the original problem but now I can't boot up without holding the "shift" key down. I also did the disk repair from the Snow Leopard Install disk, but I still can't boot up except in the safe mode by holding the shift key down. Before all this happened, I updated I-tunes from Apple's Updater.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just found out that the screen I am getting is called the "circle of death" . It is a circle with a line through it on a grey screen. Does this help?
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
It may meanWhat we call a 'scrape and pave', what that means is wiping the drive and installing Snow Leopard from scratch.
The one thing that you did not do is repair permissions. Do this in one of two ways, I recommend doing it from the Snow Leopard disc. It will be in Utilities menu where you repaired the disk.
Try that and I think you'll find many remissions are not correct.
Let me know how that works.