Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs

Hi, I exported my project from iMovie to iTunes ... to make

Customer Question

Hi, I exported my project from iMovie to iTunes ... to make a long story short, the export files are all messed up and in bits and pieces ... but most importantly, the project from iMovie is nowhere to be found. Is there a reference pointer to the project file that went missing during a bad export process? Have you seen this problem before?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

To try to find the movie, please follow the steps below:

1- Open Finder

2- Type " .dv " without the quotes in the "Search" text-box

3- Click "This Mac" on the left

4- Click "File Name" tab on the middle top

5- You will see a list of files with .dv extension. They are videos. Try to find your video there.

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1* Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2* Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3* Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4* Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I read that the typical response time is a few hours to a day, but I hadn't heard back in well beyond a day. Although I do appreciate the advice, I am sorry to say that it was too late and I had already sorted it out with the Genius Bar at Apple.

Thanks anyway,

Ok, thank you for letting me know.

Thank you

John Cappucci