Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

how do i create a template where what i have typed cannot be

Customer Question

how do i create a template where what i have typed cannot be changed but the blank areas can be filled in by typing once i have emailed it?
Category: Mac
Expert: replied 6 years ago.
Its sounds like you're refering to a form PDF. You can use Acrobat Pro to create PDF that allows you to lock certain areas, but then allows another person to fill in other areas like a form. Let me know if this is what you're looking for and I can help you.

Matthew Moglia
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, that is what i am looking for. I just purchased a brand new Mac and was under the impression that it would be able to do everything I needed without making any additional purchases. Is there a way to accomplish this on one of the programs that is already installed on my mac?
Expert: replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately not. The particulart task you're looking to complete is pretty specific and only a few applications do this. Acrobat is an expensive adobe application which is the common way to complete this task. PDFpenPro is a MAC only application that also allows for this. If you download the free trial I can help you get going.

CLICK HERE to download the trial software. Then install the software by dragging the application icon to your applications folder. Let me know when you have completed this by emailing me at info [ at ] inhomemac [ dot ] com.