Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

I installed Microsoft Silverlight on my Macbook Pro to open

Customer Question

I installed Microsoft Silverlight on my Macbook Pro to open a dvd. I right click on the dvd file and go to "Open With" but when I go down to the Silverlight application the "Open" tab is greyed out. The DVD is not compatible with the default player. How do I get the computer to allow me to open this dvd with Silverlight? Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

I think you might be confused on what Silverlight is. Silverlight is Microsoft's version of Flash Player. It's for dynamic internet content. It's not for viewing DVDs or other content that is not web-based.

If you wish to view a DVD, you may want to use VLC (VideoLAN Player) instead. It supports various types of video files and DVDs. You can get it below:

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,