Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

I have an idea for an iPhone app which requires that the phone

I have an idea for an iPhone app which requires that the phone detect changes in rotation of the iPhone. I do not need it to sense roll, around an axis perpendicular to the screen; however, I do need to know if the phone can sense rotation around both the axis parallel to the long dimension of the screen, and around an axis parallel to the short dimension of the screen.

Can you please tell me if the iPhone can detect rotary motion around both of these axes?

Thank you,

Steve Hines
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, but the built in accelerometer(which detects motion) does have very dynamic controls for use by developers. For a good, brief explanation of it's features, read this article.

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem, or if there's anything else I can assist you with.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm letting you know that when I click on the "please go to the question page" link in your email, it takes me to a white page with only the words "Bad Request". I do however accept your answer to my question about angular sensors in the iPhone, and will try to go to the JustAnswer home page to click on "I accept"

Thank you,

Steve Hines

On May 3, 2010, at 7:33 PM, JustAnswer wrote:
I hope my answer to your question was helpful. I just noticed that you haven't accepted my answer yet.
You've already paid a deposit. However, I'm not paid until you "Accept" my answer.
To accept my answer, please go to the question page and click the "Accept Answer" button.
If my response wasn't what you needed, please review my answer and tell me why by clicking the "Reply to Expert" button. That way I can help you better, or find another Expert who can.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
Mac Support Specialist
Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience, 2+Years Apple Store Retail Employee