Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

Is there a source online where I can get some guidance on the

Is there a source online where I can get some guidance on the removing and replacing the hard disc on the Mac G4? If so where?

Is there a market where I can buy used of rebuild hard discs? Where?

Hello, and welcome to!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

The best website for information on fixing your Mac (view it here). There you'll find manuals for just about every Mac, instructions on how to replace parts, and the ability to purchase common components.

I would never recommend purchasing rebuilt or used hard drives. You'll never know quite what you get, and your personal information is not something you want to mess with. Plus, the prices have become very reasonable as of late, so it's always worth it to purchase a new hard drive.

The nice thing about hard drives, is that they're universal. You simply need to purchase a 3.5" SATA hard drive, from anywhere, and it will work with your Mac.

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem, or if there's anything else I can assist you with.