Alan_Ramos, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple ACMT Certified and GSX enabled - 19+ years experience.

Ive just purchased a Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter (F8T016au)

I've just purchased a Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter (F8T016au) to connect a magic mouse to my G5 PowerMac (PowerMac7,3). Worked okay first time but the bluetooth connection is lost whenever i restart and can not be reconnected, the devices are still paired, just cant make a connection. have tried pushing the quick-connect button on the adapter but that doesnt help. Any ideas? Cheers
Category: Mac
Expert:  Alan_Ramos replied 6 years ago.

I am familiar with this issue on G5 towers with other brands of mini Bluetooth adapters. Where are you connecting this device? Keyboard? Front computer panel (near the power button) or in a USB hub?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had it plugged into the back of the monitor at first, and have now moved it to the USB port on the front of the tower, but it has made no different. I am pretty sure the computer is recognizing the adapter as the Bluetooth icon is appearing in the menu bar, but it greyed out and says bluetooth is off and there is no option to switch it back on.
The installation manual states that Apple's driver should work with this unit. (Mac OS X 10.2 or higher) The PC, not so much- a driver is included and available online.

Can you plug this into the computer and perform a PRAM reset?

In case you haven't done one of those before-

Reboot your Mac and BEFORE the system chimes make sure you're holding down the OPTION + APPLE/COMMAND + P + R keys together.

Delete the device you have saved and rejoin the mouse. Does the adapter appear active, even after a reboot?
let me know please.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay done all that and it seems to have worked! Have shut done and started up twice to make sure and the bluetooth is staying connected, so cool. Thanks a lot.
My pleasure- teaching the system that the unit is present during a parameter ram clearing seems to have done the trick.