Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

my mac all of a sudden has been acting up and I havent downloaded

Customer Question

my mac all of a sudden has been acting up and I havent downloaded anything or done anything different, it has worked perfect up untill now. I am having a problem with it freezing and when I try to restart it wont boot up. what is my problem and what can I do to fix it???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Try inserting the gray restore disc that came with your Mac into the disc drive, then restarting while holding down the C key on your keyboard. This should boot you to the disc.

Once that's loaded, click the Tools menu at the top of the screen, and select the Disk Utility option. Once it's open, run the Repair Permissions and Repair Disk options.

If those complete without any errors, quit Disk Utility, and restart the machine like normal. Let me know if this is successful.