Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

i have a problem with itunes it wont open, tried to download

Customer Question

i have a problem with itunes it wont open, tried to download again but just says old one cant be deleted so new download wont finish, as you can tell i no nothing about computers and any help to solving this would be much appreciated.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Mac or PC?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do i know this? really dont know much sorry

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Are you using a Mac computer or a Windows computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry windows vista!
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Go to Start/your username on the upper right and then open the folder Downloads. Trash any version of iTunes setup you have in there and try to download again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
tried this, itunes has been deleted everywhere apart from windows installer when i try to uninstall i get a box come up which says the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable, asks me to enter an altenmate path to a folder containing the installation packakage i tunes. msi but cant find this anywhere, when i go in download file it says its empty.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Change your preferences in your browser to ask where you want to save the downloaded installer and save to the desktop Then try installing again.