Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

My itunes library was somehow lost (Best Buy) although the

My itunes library was somehow lost (Best Buy) although the none of the song titles are gone, when I click on a song, it says the original could not be found, would you like us to locate it? and I say yes, and it takes me to an empty file.

what happened to my many, many songs? and how can the be found, or do I start anew?

Roger A. Baker [email protected]
Hello, and welcome to!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

The only way to track down the songs now, is to do a search on your computers hard drive for one of the individual songs. If you can find one song file, they should all be in the same place.

If the songs were purchased through iTunes, you can contact iTunes support, and they'll allow you to redownload the songs. To do so, visit the iTunes Support Site, select the Music Purchases category from the list on the left, and the Lost or Missing music sub-category. You should then see an Email Us button.

Send them a message describing your situation, and they'll take care of it.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.