Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

how to i set up port forwarding to use iweb i have a mobileme

Customer Question

how to i set up port forwarding to use iweb i have a mobileme account and domain as well from 1 and 1
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

You'll need to set it up through your domain provider. There should be an option in your domain account settings to set URL Forwarding. You'll simply put in your MobileMe homepage address as the destination, and then, typically 48-96 hours later, you'll be all set.

Let me know who your domain provider is, and I can provide more specific instructions if you need them.

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem, or if there's anything else I can assist you with.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, not sure what would my URL look like this is my name pmcternan and i use mobileme?
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
If you could, describe in detail more of what you're trying to do.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my web sites is www.loughallenview.com and want to edit form iwed please
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
So what you're wanting to do is create the site in iWeb, and host it through someone else.

You'll need to get your MobileMe homepage address (or URL). Simply visit your MobileMe site, and copy the web address.

Then, go into your domain account settings. These are usually located at the website of whoever you pay for the web address loughallenview.com. You should see an option for URL Forwarding, where you can paste an address to forward from.

Paste the MobileMe address in that field, and after 48-96 hours, everything should be up and running.

Again, if you tell me who your domain name provider is (e.g. Namesecure, GoDaddy, etc.), and I can and provide more detailed instructions.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello i have my domian with 1 and1, i will try and copy and paste the link as you mentioned
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Great, let me know if you need additional help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am going to see one of apple genius tomorrow that will sort out thanks for your help
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Okay, let me know if I can assist with anything else.