Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hi, I have a macbook with a hotmail email account, recently

Customer Question

Hi, I have a macbook with a hotmail email account, recently my account has been sending emails to everyone in my contacts list. Do you know how I can stop these irratating emails? I've never known a mac to have a virus!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Alan_Ramos replied 6 years ago.

Are you connecting to your Hotmail account only through a browser or do you have an email application set up to handle the account?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
As far as I know its just windows live (hotmail)
Alright, if you're connecting to hotmail through a browser its pretty much safe to say nothing originating from your computer is sending out emails. More likely your issue is either your account is compromised on hotmail's servers or someone is simply pretending to be you by using your return email address.

Change the password XXXXX your email account right away. If all your contacts stored in that account are being sent to this will likely stop after the PW change.

Hard to say which is the case, whether its someone pretending to be you or your account was breached. The PW change is the first step to narrowing it all down.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, i'll try that thanks for the advice
If you don't mind- and it might take a little time for you to notice.. but let me know if the Password XXXXX helped. I'm betting it will. Cheers.